Welcome to the Fabulous Fishbowl...We're glad you stopped by!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Works For Me Wednesday- Travel Packs

These little babies work so well for me! If anyone has to travel, then I am sure you are aware of the 3oz bottle deal all airlines are requiring. Typically I have no need to travel via plane.....Like at all.

However, adopting from Russia recently, I obviously needed to travel and needed to become familiar with all the latest airline rules and regulations. Traveling internationally was certainly an eye-opening experience... and one I am not too keen to visit again anytime soon!

Anyhow... back to the travel packs. I bought the bottles at both Walmart and Target. You can get them either place. They are 3 oz bottles. I put all my personal products in these... and then took my handy dandy label maker and made labels for each one. That way I wasn't guessing what the heck I put in each bottle. (White cream looks the same inside a small bottle you know)

Here's a photo of a couple bottles.


To travel overseas I placed them in a clear ziploc travel bag, and had to take them out to show each time I went through security. Once I was finished making my three trips to Russia, I refilled all the bottles and put them (still in the ziploc bags) in my bathroom closet. That has been the surprising thing that's worked for me. We recently took a family vacation up north. The coolest thing about these travel packs is when I am packing to travel, (even by car or for a weekend), all I have to do is grab the bag and throw it in the suitcase. I know everything is there... everything! I keep it ready for travel, so there is no thinking about what I need... it's already done and ready to go!

So that is what Works For Me this Wednesday! For more tips and ideas visit Kristin at
We are that Family for more Works for Me Wednesday tips.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Good idea!

Anonymous said...

Look at you getting all mainstream and posting a WFMW. ;-)

I do something like this. I have a nifty little travel bag. I load it with travel size soaps, deodorants (you know, the samples?), Q-tips, and even make-up. It all usually stays in there until we travel...or I run out and need an emergency replacement.

Related Posts with Thumbnails